From support and mentorship, to actual critique groups, to one-on-one partners, come meet the writing group of your dreams! This casual speed-dating event is a fun, laid back way to meet new writing friends.
- October 14, 2021 6-8 pm
- Online Via Zoom
Members: Free | Nonmembers: $15
HOW IT WORKS
We’ll be using the speed-dating model to help you connect to the writing group of your dreams. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about established groups, and if those aren’t a fit, we’ll give you the chance to speed-date with other single writers to find a writing match.
- 6:00-6:10 pm Gather in online studio
- 6:10 Welcome & Rules
- 6:15-6:30 Established writing groups will give a brief “Elevator Pitch” to the whole room (see below)
- Each established group will be assigned to a zoom room so folks can come by to meet you
- 6:30-6:50 2 speed dating sessions of “Meet the Established Groups”—single folks can pick one group for each session.
Established groups will talk about their group in a little more detail and answer questions.
- 6:50-7:00 Come back to main room to check in and talk about next session
- 7:00-7:30 Break up into smaller rooms based on genre and interests. Two speed dating sessions to meet other writers and see if you want to form a group of your own
- (some examples: fiction, memoir, poetry, scifi-fantasy, romance, mystery, etc.)
- Didn’t get to all the Established Groups? You’ll still have a chance to talk with them during these sessions.
- 7:30 on General mingling–rooms by genre will remain open
Can’t find an established group that works for your needs? This is your chance to find other writers who share your interests and writing group needs. Be ready with your personal writer profile to see if you can find a match.
Register Your Established Group
Got an Established Writing Group looking for new members? Let us know by Monday, Oct 12th, so we can set up a room for you. You’ll need to send a representative to the event to pitch your group. Email bewriting at wordcraftersineugene dot org
ESTABLISHED GROUPS 1-MINUTE ELEVATOR PITCH
Get ready with a few details of your group. You will have about a minute to give the basics in the “Pitch” portion of the eve. Then have more details ready to share in the “Speed Dating Sessions” and general mingling. I’m representing (Group Name). We are a (kind of group focus) group focused on (Genre(s) and type(s) of work). We’re are (level of expertise) writers, and we meet (Where, When, How frequently).