Congratulations to our finalists of the 2019 Fiction Fantastic Young Writers Contest Finalists!
Cedar Bader, Ridgeline Montessori
Christian Bonham, Gilham Elementary
Jens Dietzler, Twin Oaks Elementary
Natasha Dracobly, Roosevelt Middle School
Taitum Forester, Twin Oaks Elementary
Lucas Gansen, Twin Oaks Elementary
Allie Gifford, Cottage Grove High School
Sander Moffitt , South Eugene High School
Maxton Moyle, Teach Northwest (K-2 Featured Spotlight)
Frances Munger, Roosevelt Middle School
Tor Parsons, South Eugene High School
Kiri Sinha, Roosevelt Middle School
Important Info For Finalists:
- Placement will be announced and awarded at the Fiction Fantastic event.
- Prizes will be given for First, Second, and Third place.
- All finalist stories will be printed in the Fiction Fantastic 2019 Anthology.
- Each finalist will receive one copy of the anthology. Additional copies will be available to purchase for $10.
- Prepare a 1 to 3-minute excerpt of your winning work(s). Please select a portion of your story to read. We recommend selecting your favorite part of the story or a scene that is most interesting. Please practice and time yourself to make sure that your reading is no more than 3 minutes total.
Join us to celebrate the finalists of the 2019 Fiction Fantastic Young Writers Contest. With readings of the winning stories, awards and recognition, and a talk from author and celebrity judge, Fonda Lee, this is an evening not to be missed. Come revel in the words of the next generation of storytellers.
Evening Event Talk: THE SLOW MAKING OF A WRITER: Fonda Lee (author of YA novels Zeroboxer, and Exo) reflects on lessons learned as multi-published novelist and offers up guidance for aspiring writers of all ages.
Want to let us know you’re coming? JOIN OUR FACEBOOK EVENT.
When: Friday, May 17, 2019
Where: Wordcrafters In Eugene Workshop
When: 6-8 PM