Bring complex, believable characters to life with this four-week memoir master class!
How do you write about the people in your life as complex, believable characters in memoir and essays?
Whether it’s fiction or nonfiction, the heart of every story is character. While you’re the hero of your own story, it’s not just about you. Your life is populated by an array of people who are messy, complicated, and fully realized. We’ll explore how to bring them to life on the page to create deep, memorable, vivid characters in this four-week summer master class.
About the Instructor
Melissa Hart is the author of two memoirs for adults–Gringa and Wild Within–and Better with Books: 500 Diverse Books to Ignite Empathy and Encourage Self-Acceptance in Tweens and Teens (Sasquatch, 2019) plus the award-winning middle grade novel, Avenging the Owl (Sky Pony, 2016). She’s Contributing Editor at The Writer Magazine. Website: www.melissahart.com
Other Classes You Might Be Interested In:
- Developing Story Top-down & Bottom-up (July Fiction Fluency Seminar)
- 50 Shades of Romance: Writing Sex Scenes from Sweet to Steamy with Sarina Dorie
- Complex Characters in Memoir with Melissa Hart
- Noir for a New Age: How to Write a Noir Novel with Valerie Brooks
- Manifesting Character in Text (August Fiction Fluency Seminar)